Over in the Instagram world, I’ve been asked time and again, what do I pack for long haul flights. First lets clarify definition of “Long Haul”, it’s flying time in excess of 6-7 hours for me. For flight time less than 6-7 hours, I’d have similar essentials but far more condensed version.
Generally my travel toiletry bags are not touched aka, not introduced to the main stash. It’s a one way road i.e. decanting from main stash to travel bag. Any samples of trusted products will make its way to the travel bag. NO experiments are encouraged in bacteria infested air of the vessel.
Tea – They keep changing all the time.Ginger is recommended for long haul flights.
Headphones – Not inserting or placing those filthy ones they provide….just No.
HYGIENE & HEALTH
Flight Duration Hygiene – Hand Sanitizer, Tissues, Wipes
Dental Hygiene – Wispy Toothbrush and Mints
Bodily Hygiene – Deodorant, Lavanilla or your preferred, Perfume – any travel size of pumped in Travalo. Not too strong just subtle and pleasant.
Health – Pain killer for headaches (airplane pressure), hangovers. Ear buds (I don’t have any because generally airline provides). Tiger Balm or any Muscle relax balm for soothe any muscle soreness.
- Micellar Water (with cotton pads) – Bioderma Micellar Water
- Decanted cleansing gel or balm – I’ve decanted The Body Shop Nutriganics Cleansing Gel, or Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm and take it off with Micellar water soaked cotton.
- Acid Peel – Dr Dennis Gross peels always travel with me, Dr DG himself may not know but he accompanies me every travel.
- Sheet Mask – dont hesitate to walk around plane scarring those lil kids! Seriously, skin will thank you when you land. Just try to avoid eating with mask now, its epic fail.
- Toner or Essence – Keeps changing, although I do like Kiehls In Flight Anti Bacterial Refresher (has alcohol but not drying since I also follow with moisturizer and balm).
- Eye Cream – not regular with eye cream but try to include Retinol based eye cream like La Roche Posay Redermic R or an all rounder Indeed Labs Eyesilix.
- Moisturizer – Clarins HydraQuench. Hands down the best. Also love Origins Drink Up Intensive mask (smells pleasant and skin binges away).
- Face Oil – Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex, roller ball oil screams convinience with good skin.
- Face Balm – Generally decanted, love Mahalo Balm, May Lindstrom The Blue Cocoon. Basically any face balm your skin will feel protected.
- Lip Oil & Lip Balm – Usually carry sticks, no finger dipping in my usual Nuxe Reve de Miel pot.
- Hand and/or Body Cream – with constant hand sanitizing action, hands will be dry. Need decent hand or body cream.
- Spot Treatment – THE MOST IMPORTANT. La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. Inevitably something would be brewing under surface, need to address before I scare the Immigration officer.
Basic and Minimal.
One solid trust worthy Concealer – Mac Pro Longwear
Multipurpose product – Lip & Cheek kinda deal – Bobbi Brown Pot Rouge. I prefer cream product because they’re hydrating and easily blendable.
Brow Gel – Essence Make me Brow Gel – prefer to have brow gel and stronger brows rather than mascara. Turbulence in plane may result in eye poke….not allowing that to happen. Although I tend to keep a mascara just in case we are expecting clear skies and smooth landing.
Brushes – small and not too fluffy allowing precision and still multipurpose.
The Body Shop Facial Massaging (keep that blood flowing), under eye masks (address major panda eye situation).
Entertainment: I dont carry reading material, hate reading in plane. I’m more of movie marathon kinda girl.
Clothing – Light, loose and breathable. Here’s why? Light because you want to feel comfortable, Loose because inevitably you will feel bloated and breathable because you don’t want to wreak.
Sleep – Always, without fail carry those U shaped travel pillows, the BEST. Ensure you wash and disinfect them after each travel. If you can’t sleep, move around, walk around, stretch, squats, lunge….do what you have to keep the body moving and blood flowing.
Uhhhh if you’re flying Qantas, keep away from Tim Tams and Muesli bars….major addiction.
The products/brands of products themselves keep changing, however the categories remain a constant. What do you carry in your bag? I’d love to peek inside your bags? Am I missing anything?
Feel free to use this as a checklist when you travel. Of course I haven’t covered entertainment needs, pillows, clothes, etc.